When planning your wedding, most never realize just how much goes into a great wedding day timeline. The timeline can become quite overwhelming actually to most, especially those that are unfamiliar, but don’t worry, I got you! I have been in the bridal industry most my adult life and photographed 100’s of weddings, timelines are a big part of what I do! Each and every wedding day is different but there are some key elements to help any day run as perfectly as possible.
- The biggest suggestion I tell my brides is allowing for windows of extra time throughout the day (I recommend 15 minute windows).
- Make sure all of your details (both bride and groom) are packed and ready to go at minimum the day before (make a checklist).
- Have a copy of your timeline written out and given to a point person (someone people can count on throughout the day other than yourself).
- Consider a first look.
- Consider having everything on the same property or location.
I am including a sample timeline I share with my brides to better help guide you, hope it helps!
- 1:00-2:45 (Bridal Details)
- 2:45-3:20 (Bridal Prep)
- 3:30 (First Look)
- 3:45-4:00 (Portraits)
- 4:00-4:30 (Bridal Party)
- 4:30 (Bride in hiding)
- 4:30-5:00 (Reception Details)
- 5:00-5:30 (Ceremony)
- 5:45-6:15 (Just Married Photos)
- 6:30 (Reception Begins)
- 9:00 (Organized Exit)
Details & Prep: 3 hours
First look & Portraits: 30 minutes
Bridal Party: 30 minutes
Family Formals: 15-20 minutes
Extra Portrait time is always awesome and any photographer would appreciate it!!
Awesome job, many very useful information is illustrated here. I would want to know this information when I started photography. Cheers!